[Help]DnbRadio Chat

Discussion in 'Help/Support' started by Yuri, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Yuri

Yuri New Member

Hi, I'm new here so... welcome everyone.
    I just wanted to say that I am unable to connect to the DnbRadio channel on mIRC and with the chat window provided on the DnbRadio website. Here is what the server sais and I hope you guys can fix it.

2. stryknyne

stryknyne New Member

commmercial transportation
    well it looks like you have to choose a different nick because "yuri" is already in use by another user.Try _yuri_ or Yuri-.Should work for ya :slayer:..oh and i see that your address has a ban on it for some reason.. :shock:

3. Yuri

Yuri New Member

Very weird but I was able to connect, like always, later that day so I don't know what was wrong.

4. Pinkie

Pinkie New Member

Not able to connect to chat, as I was able to earlier.

Error Connecting ([Kiwiirc] Error connecting to this network. Please try again soon)

Was I banned for idling in chat for too long or is there another reason why I cannot connect? :(

[edit]
    Okay. After a bit of investigating, tinkering & connecting using a proxy. It does appears that I, in fact, was banned from the chat without explanation while, still listening, afk in my art studio. I've been very supportive, giving rates & keeping up with the bohmeter. -shrug-

Big Ups to all the DJs that jammed & shout-out with me. Sorry I cannot come to chat, anymore. You can be sure that I still keep up with the bohmeter if only in heart and spirit, at this point. <444

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  5. shoebox

shoebox Administrator Staff Member

I'm pretty certain none of us banned you but instead the server automatically banned you which can happen for various reasons, like connecting to a server which is not in your region or connecting/disconnecting too quickly.

We have no control over server bans since we are on a public IRC server. One thing you can try is specifying an alternate IRC server and port on the kiwi client.

[​IMG]

Here are some servers I use:
    irc.scnet.net port 31337
    irc.prison.net

[​IMG]
    taken from http://www.efnet.org/?module=servers

If none of the above works I would try downloading another IRC client such as mIRC, Chatzilla, Colloquy, Limechat, Textual, etc.. They will give you a more meaningful disconnect message with exact reasons you are getting disconnected.

Also, IRCCloud (https://www.irccloud.com) offers a service that keeps you connected to IRC even when you logoff.. so then you can login later, see chat history, and accept IM's while offline.

Pinkie likes this.
  6. Pinkie

Pinkie New Member

Thank You SO much! :)